Thursday, May 27, 2010

Kid's Day

About a month ago, I was teasing Ashlyn and asking her what she was going to get me for Mother's Day. She then asked me when Mother's Day was and when Father's Day was. After I told her, she asked me when Kid's Day was. I told her it was everyday but she didn't like that answer. I told her to pick a day and we would have Kid's Day. She picked May 24th, but I had to work so we did it on the 26th - the last day of school.

I made them a heart cake. Ashlyn said it was because we love kids!

I tried a rainbow one. It turned out pretty good. The kids also got a couple of summer toys. It was a good day and will probably become a tradtion.

3 comments:

Craig and Karissa said...

Thats awesome! I love the cake, good job.

Brenny said...

Fun idea! I like the rainbow cake -- how did you do that?

Cordell and Karen said...

Awesome, fun for the kids and love the cake... are you trying to show up the rest of us moms???